- 5. Hard/Unable to find any difference at 2X, ie: Perfect.
- 4. Differences are visible at 1X, but not too visible when watching the movie.
- 3. Defects visible when watching the movie, not too annoying.
- 2. Defects are annoying when watching.
- 1. Defects are overwhelming: Disturbs the viewing.
|Frame #||Frame||DivX 6.0 1-pass||XviD 1.0.3 1-pass||XviD 1.1.0 1-pass||DivX 6.0 2-pass||XviD 1.0.3 2-pass||XviD 1.1.0 2-pass|
- Comparing a codec with postprocessing on and a codec where its turned off doesn't make much sense from a technical point of view.
- DivX 1-pass performs extremely well.
- XviD 1-pass is pretty bad. The new version (1.1.0) clearly makes things better, but it is still no match for DivX.
- XviD 2-pass is the winner, but... the old one! I still can't explain why 1.1.0 performed so badly on the dark scene.
- XviD remains my codec of choice, because of the quality and the fact that it is open source.
Just come over and talk about what you want to see next in the forum!